The ProArts policies and procedures stated here are drawn from guidelines suggested by county, state, and federal agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and the Event Safety Alliance and are subject to change.
UPDATE AS OF 12/28/2021: By permission of the County, ProArts is allowed to operate at 100% capacity. However, for the time being, we will continue to seat up to 75% capacity of the theater with distance between parties and 6 feet from the used stage space.
***Per County guidance, proof of full vaccination or negative COVID test taken within the 48 hours prior to entry will be required for all persons 12 years of age or older. At-home tests unable to be accepted at this time. To schedule a free test as early as 10 days in advance, go to https://www.minitmed.com/pre-register-maui-covid-19
UPDATE AS OF 1/8/22: Per county guidelines, “people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 when more than two weeks have passed since receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine, and have received a booster vaccination if eligible. “Eligible” for vaccination booster means that 5 months have passed since receipt of the second dose of Moderna or Pfizer or 2 months have passed since receipt of the initial single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The requirement for a booster does not apply to those who are under age 16 for Pfizer and under age 18 for Moderna.”
- By entering the ProArts facility, all individuals, including staff, performers, volunteers and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure to COVID-19.
- All staff must observe current local, state, and federal recommendations and regulations regarding hand washing, face coverings, social distancing and gatherings, and procedures following possible exposure.
- Cleaning and disinfecting checklists will be completed before and after every performance and rehearsal with CDC-approved supplies. All refuse will be immediately removed from the facility at the conclusion of the performance.
- The Technical Booth has a plexiglass boundary between the crew and audience members. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the technical booth.
- Only performing cast and working production crew will be allowed backstage. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Azeka Plaza restrooms are maintained and cleaned daily by Azeka Plaza staff.
- For events, hand sanitizing stations are located at the main entrance and throughout the lobby.
- BOX OFFICE
- As much as possible, ticketing will be handled online or by-phone with digital touchless tickets and confirmation of patron contact tracing information.
- Patrons will be checked in by ProArts Box Office staff at the outdoor mobile Box Office stand and vaccination/test verification table.
- Patrons are required to follow all CDC, local and state guidelines regarding masks and social distancing between groups/parties at all times while on premises.
- Patrons will not be allowed backstage or in restricted areas for any reason. There will be no indoor meet & greet following the performance unless specific permission is granted by the Mayor’s Office.
- Seating will be limited to 75% capacity with approximate 3-foot social distancing measures in place.
- These seats will be restricted to seating modules which must be purchased together as a party and which are socially distanced from every other seating module and the stage.
- Patrons will be seated by audience seating module party by the front of house staff at intervals from other seating parties.
- If a patron needs to move seats, the seat will be disinfected between seatings.
- Following the conclusion of the performance, house staff will release the audience to encourage social distancing.
- Audience seating will remain at least 6 feet from the stage
- ProArts will provide digital versions of show-specific programs who do not wish to use paper programs.
- Programs will not be reused and patrons will be asked to dispose of the programs in the trash cans provided or take them home.
- Any programs left in the audience seating modules after a performance will be disposed of by trained staff
- Concessions will only be available in single-serve disposable containers and will be available via advance purchase during the ticketing process for those uncomfortable with in-person interactions.
- Patrons will be asked to dispose of concessions in the trash cans provided or take them home. Any concessions left in the audience seating modules after a performance will be disposed of by trained staff.
- ProArts has installed a UV light filtration system in our HVAC system.
- Performers and production crew members of all ages must show proof of full vaccination or a negative rapid COVID-19 test result received within 48 hours of every rehearsal and performance.
For any questions or concerns, please contact our Executive Director/COVID Safety Officer at 808-463-6550 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.